Hotmail: Hotmail is webmail designed by Microsoft. It was one of the world’s first webmail services found in 1996. Microsoft purchased this service for 400 million dollars in 1997 naming it MSN Hotmail and later in 2007 to Windows Live Hotmail as part of its product line. But it got replaced in 2013 by Microsoft’s new webmail service outlook.com.
Yahoo: Yahoo is an American web service headquartered in California and Sunnyvale and is owned by Verizon Media. Some of its services it provided or still provides are web portal, search engine, directory, news, finance, and many more. It was most widely read news and media website with 7 billion views in a month ranked sixth most visited website globally in 2016.
Hotmail vs Yahoo Mail | Which is Best?
Both these services have been one of the greatest websites in their times and hence can’t be compared on every term but one of them definitely be better in some terms than the other.
- With 30% of the population worldwide using Hotmail as a free webmail service, it is preferred over yahoo more as compared to 21%.
- Also, it’s evident that more people consider Hotmail as a safer mail platform as compared to yahoo mail. Hotmail allows you to save your drafts and preview them with a new version, which is a good point. Hotmail filters the emails by size, open the messages in different tabs, drastically reducing spam levels using its SmartScreen filtering technology.
- Hotmail has a sweeping technology which erases all the related messages when anyone is selected. While Yahoo doesn’t provide any such feature.
- While yahoo allows you to have only one email address, Hotmail, on the other hand, let you have several accounts with different nicknames under one primary account.
- You can link your Facebook, LinkedIn, and twitter account to your Hotmail account and upload your status there in the inbox. Yahoo, on the other hand, has no such feature.
- Hotmail helps you to use all the Microsoft tools, be it Microsoft word, excel, etc. Without leaving your inbox where you can compose any message or file easily. Yahoo lacks this feature, as well.
- Any of your file located on google drive, dropbox or one drive can be attached easily using Hotmail cloud storage browser. Yahoo has not developed any such feature yet.
Yahoo Mail and Hotmail offer free versions which allow you to send and receive emails, sent from other addresses, store messages over the web, with support for POP and IMAP access. Similarities aside, Hotmail has been promoting the highest efficiency with minimal ads and more practical features that save users valuable time.
You can bookmark our website for more content related to Yahoo mail and Hotmail. We have posted a lot of tutorials related to Hotmail on our website.