Gmail is a free email service that was launched by Google in 2004. Gmail is a renowned email service with billions of active users with the number of users increasing over the years. The fascinating features of Gmail multiple users worldwide.
Features like storage, interface, design, and language support make Gmail popular around the world. When we go through the list of best free email accounts, Gmail still holds the first position. Gmail was redesigned, and many improvements were made to make it user-friendly. Gmail has two-step verification, which adds to the protection of Gmail accounts.
Here we are going to focus on the topic of adding or creating a Gmail signature. We are not going to boast about why adding a signature can revolutionize your life. Here is are on point tutorial of how to add a signature to your Gmail account.
How to Add a Signature to Gmail
All of us are accustomed to adding contact information or quotes in text format, Gmail signature is also text which is automatically seen at the end as a footer in Gmail messages. Gmail signatures can contain your name, phone number, your favorite quote, or anything else. Setting up a signature for Gmail is not a tough task to complete.
- First login to your Gmail account using username and password.
- Click the Settings menu at the top right corner, select the settings option from that.
- Scroll down the settings option; then you will find Signature section.
- You can see a text box where you can type anything which you would like as your signature. You can format text style or font.
- As the last step, choose the position where you want a signature to appear, if you leave that unchecked, then the signature will appear at the bottom of the message.
- Click the save button.
Signatures are not only text, but you can also create signatures which consist of formatted text, links, and logos. You can add links to the signature by selecting the Link option at the top of the signature text field.
You can create different signatures for different addresses if you have multiple addresses related to the Gmail account. Drag and drop option is available to choose the address for which you intend to create a signature.
To add an image to the signature field:
- The image that is to be added must be available online, direct uploading of an image from a computer is not possible.
- Copy the URL or address when the image is uploaded.
- Add the image by selecting Insert Image option above text field, paste the URL in the field.
- You can adjust the image size by selecting the size of options.
- When you are satisfied with the signature you created click on the Save Changes button.
Problems in Formatting Signature:
- If you are unable to format your signature and see Plain Text, then you should turn off this mode.
- Open your Gmail account.
- Choose the Compose button from the left side.
- At the bottom click on more options and uncheck the Plain text mode.
Creating a signature in Gmail or adding changes to them is an easy task. But with many procedures to be done, you may get confused, so follow these steps for not getting stuck in between procedures to be followed.